Thursday, August 13, 2015

School is in session! 



Today is the first day of school for Ty (Freshman) and JD (4th grader).  I guess you can also say it is the first day of school for me as well (Lunch Monitor at the Middle School).  They boys were easy to get out of bed this morning and the cat is already napping away in silent bliss!

Since my job doesn't start until around 10:30am, this gives me a few moments to get updated on the past couple weeks.  Let me give you a quick peek at what has kept me busy!

As some of you know, I am very involved in Instagram swaps.  I was feeling a little overwhelmed with most of the deadlines looming, so I made myself a digital note to help me keep things sorted.  Here are my swaps, with their prospective deadlines:

#nerdymugrugswap
Ships August 8th
Host +So Charming

#finishedblockswap
Ships August 28th
Host @tessaraewilliams

#makesomeonehappyswap
Ships Sept 1st
Host +So Charming

#trickortreatminiquiltswap
Ships Oct 1st
Host @jesse_artschooldropout

I was blessed to be a "swap angel" for the #nerdymugrugswap for @kgdcraftermath.  Her originally assigned secret partner was not able to ship, so I was glad to step in and create something just for her.  She said she liked several "nerdy" things, including Dr. Who.  I must confess that the only thing I knew about Dr. Who was the bit about time travel and that one of the characters in an espisode had inspired my favorite author, Diana Gabaldon.  Here is a picture of the package I sent on Monday:


This was a super quick, but fun package to send.  I even met a new friend in the process!

Next, on the swap to-do list, is the #finishedblockswap.  This is a known partner swap.  I am making a "Wonky Star" 18" finished block for @raeshadrz.  This is the second time I have been assigned to Raesha.  My first time was my first ever swap, the StarBucksMugRugSwap.  Raesha is such a special gal and so talented and creative.  She is also making a finished block for me.  Here is my progress on Raesha's block:


For this block, I used Tula Pink Bumble (from my stash) and used Kona solids for the star.  Each square is 5", which makes this a perfect 18" finished size.  I have already pieced this and will be selecting the backing and quilting next.  This block is so fun and easy - I can see myself doing more of these.

Well, I better get myself around - School lunch is in an hour and I am excited for the first day as well!

~N~

No comments:

Post a Comment